Monday, July 28, 2008

More Planning!

I slept all day and all night yesterday. I think I needed the 16 hours of sleep I got. I'm still sick, so it felt pretty good to catch up on some good sleep.

I've spent all of today either on the phone or internet planning the rest of my trip. So far, this is what I have planned:

Fly to Christchurch at 8 pm, stay the night.
Stay in Christchurch for the day
Leave Christchurch on Wednesday and head to Kaikoura
Leave Kaikoura on Thursday and head back to Wellington
Leave Wellington on Saturday for Nelson
Stay in Nelson then leave for Greymouth on Sunday
Stay in Greymouth then head to Franz Joseph (hike the glacier!!).
Stay in Franz Joseph on Monday and head to Queenstown.
On the 6th and 7th I will go to Milford sound and Catlins, then make my way to Dunedin.
Stay in Dunedin on the 8th and head to Lake Tekapo
Leave Lake Tekapo on the 9th for Christchurch, then head back up to Auckland/Bay of Islands to hopefully visit with Angela (a relative) for the 9/10 or something, then stay in Auckland until I leave on the 13th.

Ahhhhh! I have a full rest of my trip! I am so excited!

I am hoping my visit to Wellington is worthwhile. I am excited to spend time with someone I met there (Chatta and Sara - I want to talk to you so bad to tell you of this new adventure!). I am to the point where I feel if I don't go back, I might be asking myself later why I didn't... after all, I have nothing to lose by going there, but everything to gain!

I hope I will still be able to visit Angela, as there was a storm that hit the Bay of Islands (where she lives) that was the biggest in the past 15 years, and I hear that it's flooded. I hope her and her family are safe, and that I will be able to meet this part of my family.

Anyways, I have more reservations to make and hostels to book, so I better get to that. I hope to call Sara soon so we can chit chat (I spend too much money on the phone, hehe) and I don't really know what time it is/have Chatta's number in Sweden, so I'll save my chit chat with her for later...

No comments: