Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To Do & To Pack

So, I leave in 5 days.

I had to change a flight today. I called the airline that I'm flying from LA to Auckland with, and I found out that during my two hour layover in LA, I have to leave the secure area, check in, then go through security again, in the 5th busiest airport in the world. Hmmm. I don't think two hours is quite enough time. So I changed my flight so that I would have four hours, just in case something happens.

I made a list of things to do before I leave and things to pack and where to pack them. So here it goes, and if I forget something, make sure to leave a comment or write an e-mail!

To Do:
  • Laundry
  • Take out the trash/recycling
  • Unplug all electrical except fridge
  • Take out perishable items from fridge
  • Leave a window partway open
  • Make sure stove/oven is off
  • Dishes
  • PACK!!!!
  • Send an e-mail to my mother with various phone numbers in case of emergency
  • GET ADDRESSES FOR POSTCARDS!!!
To Pack (Purse):
  • Wallet
  • Camera
  • iPod
  • Keys
  • Itinerary/Boarding Pass
  • Passport
  • Book(s)
To Pack (Backpack):
  • Toiletries (razor, facewash, toothpaste/brush, shampoo/conditioner, bodywash, deodorant)
  • Brush
  • Ponytails
  • Shirts
  • Pants
  • Socks
  • Undies
  • Camera Charger
  • iPod charger
  • Converter
  • PJ's
  • Dress(es)
  • Bra
  • Towel
  • Jacket (w/ hood)
  • Sweatshirt(s)
  • Dress shoes
  • Sandals
  • Hiking shoes
I think that I have just about everything down.

I might start packing the little toiletries now, just so I don't have to think about them, along with some of the other things that I won't need until I leave.

My mother might come and visit right before I leave, so that might alleviate some of the stress she has about me going, and it'd be really nice to have someone be here to make sure I haven't completely lost my mind.

I am going to see Wolf Parade (a band) tomorrow, and I am super excited. I am probably more excited to see them right now, mostly because it still doesn't seem that this dream that I've had to go to New Zealand is actually coming true, let alone just a few days away!

*****Note that I have now added the current time and weather in New Zealand and a currency converter, located at the bottom of the page. There is an interactive map on the right hand side if you would like to see where I am. Also, the time of my posting is in New Zealand time, so it's not quite accurate until I leave*****

No comments: