Monday, August 4, 2008

Heli-hike and glaciers

Went out last night on the brewery tour, which was great because of all the beer and great food! I filled myself up to the brim! I hung out with these two guys from Atlanta most of the night and had a mighty swell time.

Woke up early and got on the bus. Stopped in a gold mining town (Ross) and learned how to pan for gold, then bought a beautiful hand carved jade necklace.

Our bus driver got pulled over by the cops, so that cut a little into our time, but it turned out okay. He's a swell guy.

Got to Franz-Josef and planned the Heli-hike. AMAZING. Took a 15 minute helicopter tour of the glacier and mountains (freaky! i kept thinking that everythign was closer than what it was and thought we were going to crash!!). We then landed on the glacier and took a 3 hour hike aroudn it. It is, by far, the most amazing experience of my life. The helicopter ride back down was amazing also. I can't even describe the greatness of this experience.

I'm just on my way to head to the pub with a few girls I've been staying with the past few days and to meet up with the Irish friends I've made.

This is the best experience of my life. I wish I could write down all the reasons why I love Enzed, but it would be endless. My mind can't even comprehend how amazing this is for me. I am, by far, the happiest person in the world right now!

No comments: