Sunday, August 3, 2008

A lot of catching up to do!

On Friday I walked around Wellington with the girls I met from London, then we headed to the rugby game (Wellington v Hawkes Bay). It was a beautiful stadium and I had a wonderful time. We went out and had a fun time. Some random guy told me he loved me, so I didn't stick around too long and went to bed somewhat early.

Woke up and almost missed the bus to the ferry! got on the ferry, which was way less turbulent and took a good nap. Got to Picton and the Magic bus was not there. Ended up not getting there until 5 hours later, so I got to meet my bus mates pretty well. And I ate subway (BARF). haha, oh well. Got to Nelson in time for the All Blacks (NZ) v Wallabies (OZ) rugby match, which was excellent at the local bar. Some guy there told me I would make the perfect wife and tried to convince me to stay in New Zealand and get residency and marry him. Nope. I told him I wasn't getting married for at least another 5 years. oh well. A bunch of the poeple on the bus are Irish, so I've been hearing a lot of riddles and Irish jokes, which I've really been enjoying. They are trying to teach me some Irish, but I'm no good at it, but they're no good at Ojibwe, so it makes sense. Stopped at a rainforest and walked to a secluded beach, saw seals, and saw pancake rocks today, and am on my way to go on a brewery tour in Greymouth, so I am pretty excited.

My camera died, but someone took pictures for me and is going to put them on a disc, so thats okay. I'm charging it right now!

Tomorrow I am going on a heli-hike which they fly me to the top of a glacier (Franz Joseph), then we hike down! i am so excited!

I ended up not meeting up with someone that I was going to in Wellington, but I had a blast of a time anyways.

p.s. Mirah bella- I have been meaning to send you a postcard, but haven't quite got to it yet... but I want you to know that when you get a wee bit older, I am taking you here, just as my auntie took me to the bahamas... It's the best place in the world and you would love it. I can't wait to see you again my dear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, if you wanted a service that showed up on time and is great value for money as well, then you should travel on Nakedbus. They are so cheap that their prices start at $1! Overall, I think they're a great service.