Friday, August 8, 2008

Life is amazing at 12000 feet!

I have so much to update!!!

Lets begin witih Wednesday: I woke up at 7 am after getting home at 4 to see if i could cancel my milford sound trip (for various reasons, one being that my camera battery had died and what's the point if i can't take pictures?) I accidently took my bedsheets with me when i checked out of the hostel, so i was slightly embarassed. Luckily, i got it canceled, walked back home, and slept until about 9, which at that time I decided to go skydiving with these two sisters from Coventry, England. About two hours later I was in a plane, strapped to a guy with a backpack, jumping out 12000 feet above the ground. It was the most amazing experience of my life. It was so gorgeous, the pictures i got do it no justice. My free fall was for 45 seconds, but felt like no time at all! Don't worry, I got the DVD of it to prove that i did it. I spent the rest of the night with soem friends I've made from Atlanta, playing cards and chatting.

Thursday: Left Queenstown unwillingly, and continued on to Dunedin, which was where I was planning on studying abroad. A gorgeous little town. I went on a tour of the Cadbury chocolate factory which was awesome, but would have been better if i liked chocolate!!! They even had a chocolate waterfall! (which wasn't as cool as it sounds) I BBQ'd with some friends (an Irish couple and an English couple) and it was great = bread, buns, enough sausages for everyone to have 2.5, and a burger and chips for under 4 NZD each! amazing. Went and played pool with the bus driver for about three hours which was really fun, except that I kept getting worse as the night went on.

Today: I started the morning by running up the worlds steepest hill (in Dunedin). It was tiring and my legs/butt hurt. I'm in Lake Tekapo now, but there's really nothing to do here because it's winter, but it really is gorgeous. We stopped at these cool boulders on our way in, and saw some beautfiul lakes: one thing about NZ isi that all the river and lakes are this gorgeous green/blue and I feel like I'm at the sea, no matter where I'm at!

I think we're going ice skating soon, and I'm running out of internet time, so I better get going. I leave so soon and I am definitely not ready for it!

No comments: